Don't Get Scammed by Individuals Posing as Legitimate Mystery Shopping Companies
TIPS FOR AVOIDING MYSTERY SHOP SCAMS
- NEVER pay money to become a mystery shopper, or get registered in some "Mystery Shopper Database", or to get "certified" as Mystery Shopper.
- Be VERY suspicious of emails originating from free public emails services such as Yahoo, Hotmail, AOL, Gmail, etc. Also avoid email addresses originating from countries outside the United States.
- Be VERY suspicious of emails using poor or broken English.
- Avoid scams involving payment via cashier's check, money order, or wire transfer.
- No legitimate mystery shopping company will ask you to email your full name, address, and telephone number. Legitimate mystery shopping companies will have you complete an application through their company website.
- If in doubt, visit the mystery shopping company's website and call them to confirm that the email you received from them is valid.